Brief product information
This replacement part only fits the MFT-scale 43000/5 for myofunctional therapy (logopedia). Despite of shock absorbing elements, the strain of recoil after release at max load of several 100 cycles may cause a fatigue failure of the interior tube.
Instruction for installation of replacement part
- Turn the setscrew counterclockwise until the spring with the interior tube is no longer held in the scale.
- Pull out defective inner tube (possibly press the elastic marker into the slit).
- Insert the new replacement part 41.43005 tube ahead into the outer aluminum tube.
- Therefore press in the marker slightly.
- Insert the plastic inner tube further more and turn it simultaneously until the marker clicks into the slit.
- Hold the scale upside down and turn the setscrew clockwise until the zero point is readjusted (scale now in measuring position).
How to avoid damage
- Only use one drag pointer below the marker. Otherwise the recoil might damage the marker. The second drag pointer is for replacement purposes.
- Do not use any solvents for disinfecting purposes. The plastic elements might turn brittle.
Maximum conditions for sterilization
Attention: synthetic parts are incompatible with high concentrations of chlorine and its compounds.
- In autoclave at 120°C at 1 bar for 45 minutes
- or 15 h in acetylene